Follow @taxnomor

Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Jesus is God

Jesus is God Incarnate

• Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

• Matthew 1:23 [Speaking of Jesus]"Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel" (which means, God with us).

• John 1:14 the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

• Zech. 12:10 [God says] I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and pleas for mercy, so that, when they look on me, on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a firstborn.

• 1 Tim. 3:16 Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.

• Rev. 1:7 Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so.
Amen.


Jesus is Eternal

• Exodus 3:14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And he said, "Say this to the people of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you."

• Psalm 93:2 Your throne is established from of old; you are from everlasting.

• Isaiah 63:16 you, O Lord, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name.

• Micah 5:2 But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, who are too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for me one who is to be ruler in Israel, whose origin is from of old, from ancient days.

• John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am."

• John 10:28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.


Jesus has Divine Names

The Good Shepherd
• Psalm 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

• Psalm 80:1 Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, you who lead Joseph like a flock! You who are enthroned upon the cherubim, shine forth.

• Ezekiel 34:12 As a shepherd seeks out his flock when he is among his sheep that have been scattered, so will I seek out my sheep, and I will rescue them from all places where they have been scattered on a day of clouds and thick darkness.

• John 10:11-14 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me,


Mighty God
• Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.


Lord and God
• Matthew 22:42-45 saying, "What do you think about the Christ? Whose son is he?" They said to him, "The son of David." He said to them, "How is it then that David, in the Spirit, calls him Lord, saying," 'The Lord said to my Lord, Sit at my right hand, until I put your enemies under your feet'? If then David calls him Lord, how is he his son?"

• John 20:28 Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God!"


Savior
• Isaiah 43:3 For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

• Isaiah 43:11 I am the LORD, and besides me there is no savior.

• Isaiah 45:15 O God of Israel, the Savior.

• Isaiah 45:21 a righteous God and a Savior; there is none besides me.

• Hosea 13:4 But I am the LORD your God…and besides me there is no savior.

• Luke 1:47 [Mary, speaking of Jesus]my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,

• Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

• Philip. 3:20 our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,

• 2 Tim. 1:10 our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel

• 1 Tim. 4:10 we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

• 2 Peter 2:20 our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ


The Rock
• Deut. 32:4 "The Rock, his work is perfect, for all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness and without iniquity, just and upright is he.

• Deut. 32:15 Jeshurun… forsook God who made him and scoffed at the Rock of his salvation.

• Deut. 32:18 …unmindful of the Rock that bore you… you forgot the God who gave you birth.

• Deut. 32:30-31 How could one have chased a thousand, and two have put ten thousand to flight, unless their Rock had sold them, and the Lord had given them up? For their rock is not as our Rock; our enemies are by themselves.

• 1 Samuel 2:2 There is none holy like the Lord; there is none besides you; there is no rock like our God.

• Psalm 18:31 For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God?-

• Romans 9:33 Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense; and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.

• 1 Cor. 10:1-4 [Israel, in the desert] …drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ.

• 1 Peter 2:7-8 [Jesus]The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone…A stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense


The Light

• Psalm 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation;whom shall I fear?

• Micah 7:8 the Lord will be a light to me.

• John 1:4-9 In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light. The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world.

• John 8:12 Jesus said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."


The First and the Last
• Isaiah 44:6 Thus says the LORD… "I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.

• Rev. 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

• Rev. 1:17 [Jesus said],"Fear not, I am the first and the last"

• Rev. 2:8 [These are the] words of the first and the last, who died and came to life.

• Rev. 21:6 [Jesus said] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.

• Rev. 22:13 [Jesus Said] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."


Jesus Claimed Equality with God

• Matthew 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

• John 10:30 I and the Father are one."

• John 14:9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

• Philip. 2:6 [Jesus] though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,

• John 5:16-18 "My Father is working until now, and I am working." …the Jews were
seeking all the more to kill him… because he was calling God his own Father,
making himself equal with God.

• John 5:21-23 For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will. The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.

• John 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am you will die in your sins."

• John 8:28 "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he, and that I do nothing on my own authority, but speak just as the Father taught me.

• John 8:58-59 Jesus said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." So they picked up stones to throw at him

• John 10:30-33 "I and the Father are one." Again Jews picked up stones again to stone him, because He claimed to be God


Jesus is Omnipresent

• Matthew 18:20 where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.

• Matthew 28:20 behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.

• John 3:13 No one has ascended into heaven except him who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.


Jesus is Omnipotent

Matthew 8:27 What sort of man is this, that even winds and sea obey him?

Matthew 28:18 All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.


Jesus is Omniscient

• Matthew 9:4 Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, "Why do you think evil in your hearts?

• (See Also: Matthew 12:25, Matthew 22:18, Mark 2:8 , Luke 5:22, Luke 6:8, Luke 9:46-48)

• John 1:48 Jesus knew Nathanael while he was under the fig tree

• John 2:24-25 He knew all people and needed no one to bear witness about man, for he himself knew what was in man.

• John 4:28-29 [Samaritan Woman] "Come; see a man who told me all that I ever did."

• John 6:64 Jesus knew from the beginning who those were who did not believe,

• John 18:4 He knew all that would happen to him

• Acts 1:24 Lord, who know the hearts of all

• Col. 2:3 In [Jesus] are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.


Jesus is the Creator

• John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

• Col. 1:16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-all things were created through him and for him.

• Hebrews 1:3 He upholds the universe by the word of his power.


Jesus has Power over Nature

• Matthew 14:25 Walked on Water

• Luke 8:24 Rebuked the Wind


Jesus received Worship

Only God may be worshiped

• In Matthew 4:10 Jesus Himself said "You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve"

• Yet In Matthew 8:2; 9:18 and 15:25 He allows people to kneel before Him and call Him Lord


Jesus was Worshiped by the Disciples
• Matthew 28:9 [The disciples] came up and took hold of his feet and worshiped him.


Jesus was Worshiped by Others
• John 9:38 The man born Blind said, "Lord, I believe," and he worshiped him.


Jesus is Worshiped by Angels

• Hebrews 1:6 Let all God's angels worship him.


Jesus forgives Sins

• Matthew 9:2 Jesus said, "Take heart, my son; your sins are forgiven."

• Matthew 9:6 "…the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins"

• Mark 2:5 "My son, your sins are forgiven."

• Mark 2:10 "The Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins"

• Luke 5:20 Jesus said, "Man, your sins are forgiven you."

• Luke 5:24 "the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins"

• Luke 7:47-50 Jesus said, "Your sins are forgiven." Then those who were at table with him began to say among themselves, "Who is this, who even forgives sins?"

• Acts 5:31 God exalted him at his right hand as Leader and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.

• Col. 3:13 the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.


Jesus has power over Life and Death

• John 10:17-18 I lay down my life that I may take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father."

• Rev. 1:18 [I am] the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.

No comments: