Follow @taxnomor

Pages

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Spiking the PIG at Barnes and Noble

August 02, 2005
www.jihadwatch.org

The "PIG," of course, is the Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades). Not only are cowardly talk show hosts afraid to discuss this book -- some bookstores are trying to make sure that buyers can't find it. Jihad Watch reader Bosch 'PIGMAN' Fawstin sent me this email:

Mr. Spencer,

The other day I was in Barnes and Noble and asked if your new book, The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam .... was in since I didn't see it on the new non-fiction book section. The person said it indeed was in and he'd check in back. He brought me a copy and said that they didn't get a chance to put the book on the shelves yet.

I couldn't get the book right then, so I went back today, on my birthday, to get a copy. I again didn't see the book on the new non-fiction table in front of the store. I went to the help counter to mention that the new book isn't where it's supposed to be. The gentlemen checked the computer and told me that your book was not available. I mentioned that I had the book in my hand the other day at the same B&N location. He put his hands up and said that they can't sell the book until September. He moved to another customer as I loudly said 'UNbelievable!'

I then went to another worker there who, when I told my situation, echoed the other guy. I went to another worker and told him my situation. He checked the computer, said it's in and available for sale and asked me who it was it that told me different. I told him and he directed me towards the Current Events section of the store and there was your book. It should be in the new releases AND that current event section, but I got the book.

I assume that this is going on across the country, especially with frozen minded bookstore workers who are so offended by your book's title that they will try to undermine it in their own tiny way. Just wanted to share that with you and I can't wait to read it. Congratulations, looks like it's doing very well for you on Amazon.com.


Thank you. I have been surprised at how well it is doing there without any publicity. It looks as if many Americans are disgusted with the patronizing propaganda and half-truths they have been force-fed for too long.

Jihad Watch: Spiking the PIG at Barnes and Noble

No comments: