Follow @taxnomor

Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2005

'Roe' Humbly Pleads for 1973 Abortion Ruling to Be Overturned

Bill Fancher and Jody Brown
January 19, 2005
AgapePress

On Tuesday (January 18) the U.S. Supreme Court heard a historic plea from a woman wanting her landmark decision reversed. Norma McCorvey -- the 'Roe' in Roe v. Wade -- says it breaks her heart to see what the 1973 decision legalizing abortion in America has done to women and children.

With temperatures in the single digits and supporters huddled on the steps of the Supreme Court building, McCorvey shared the story of her life after her case legalized abortion in the U.S. With obvious emotion in her voice -- and admitting she 'did not know much' at the time -- McCorvey acknowledged that in the 1980s, she came out in favor of abortion.

'Then, in 1995, my conscience drove me into the arms of Jesus Christ, where I found forgiveness for my sins,' she shared. Along with that conversion experience came a desire to advocate an end to abortion. 'Today I feel forgiven by Jesus -- I feel loved,' she said. 'But I do not want anymore women to be injured by abortion, nor do I want anymore children to die.'

News from Agape Press

No comments: